Sunday 5 February 2017

90 minute run

I made a bowl of porridge with some blueberries on the top and a cup of green tea. I took it back to bed with me!  I really needed more sleep but it wasn't happening so up I got.
I set off quite early, my knees and hips were still quite achey from yesterday.
The first mile was good, I started with a good pace. Keeping the pace for the next couple of miles I felt ok. A quick jelly baby stop at about 3.5 miles and a wee stop at 4 miles. My legs started to ache but I kept a good pace right round to my water stop at 6.5 miles. I had 20 mins left to run and suddenly I was struggling. I managed the last few miles but I was tired.
Later I soaked in an Epsom salt bath savouring my cup of tea.
I am beginning to accept that sore muscles and tiredness are going to be a constant presence during my marathon training. Does it ever get easier?


No comments:

Post a Comment