Wednesday 1 February 2017

Thresholds!

So today is the dreaded thresholds day. 10 mins warm up 15 mins at threshold and 10 mins cool down. Where do you find motivation when it's pouring with rain and your legs still ache from Sunday's long run and yesterday's easy pace  (so not easy) run.

Off I set at a steady jog for the 10 minute warm up. Then, shrugging off the previous negativity I set off at threshold pace and felt ok. I glanced at my watch to check my pace and was excited to see it said 8 something. Now I am normally a 10 or 11 something kind of girl so this inspired me to press on. I slowed after 5 minutes or so but kept a good pace and finished with a 9.39 average and gaining a PR for one mile. I walked / jogged for my 10 minute cool down and remembered my stretches.

Maybe thresholds aren't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment