Tuesday 7 February 2017

More Thresholds

I think I have finally got the hang of Threshold Training.  A friend told me it's all about effort not pace and with that statement came a light bulb moment!

Today's training was a 10 minute warm up, 6x threshold intervals with a 90 second jog in between followed by a 10 minute cool down and stretches.

I followed my dvd for the warm up. I find this makes me do it properly and not skip important bits!

The first interval was hard. I ran a bit too quickly to start with and then struggled to finish the 5 minutes. The second interval was better, I managed to keep a reasonably steady pace all through. From then on, although it was hard going I managed a good pace. I was so pleased to finish the last one though.

Back to my dvd for the cool down and stretches.

An average pace of 9.51 per minute. Pleased with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment