Friday 3 February 2017

Core Class

The torture chamber we call it.

My body finds long lost muscles it has long since forgotten existed.

It was recommended by my sports therapist who had the task of sorting out my injured knee.

We did a lot of different stuff today, lots of work on the hips and the dreaded plank, I find it hard enough to hold that position let alone move arms and / or legs side to side, backwards and forwards.  As you have probably guessed I don't know the proper names for many of the exercises but I do know that the starfish is ok. The dish and the hollow log on the other hand are far from ok. 

The dish is where you lay on your back with your legs and shoulders about 6 inches off the floor pushing your spine down into the ground. For the hollow log you assume this position and then rock back and forth. 

The class is great, a really friendly group. I am getting used to aching abs now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment