Monday 13 February 2017

Busy Weekend


Saturday
When I looked out of the window in the morning there was a layer of snow!  Not enough to get too excited about but enough to have covered the grass, if not the roads.

I had threshold training to do so I put on an extra layer and headed out with stop watch in hand. I had a 10 min warm up followed by 3 x 8 minute threshold intervals over undulating terrain with a 90 second jog recovery in between and a 10 minute cool down.

I did a slow jog for my warm up and set of for my first interval. It was pretty good, the second interval was harder because a good proportion of it was up hill. By the time I got to the third one I was tired and struggling but managed to finish having covered 2.3 miles at an average pace of 10:09 / mile.  (I only ever record the threshold interval, not the recovery)


Sunday
Sunday was long run day. My training plan said 135 minutes which equates to about 12 miles for me. However I wanted to do 13.1 miles so that I was happy in my mind that I could manage the half marathon coming up soon.

I did it!  but my knee starting hurting at mile 12 and I had to walk for a little way. It sis ease off though and I managed to finish (very slowly) at 13.1 miles with an average pace of 11.55 per mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment