Saturday 4 February 2017

Short run

Plans of a lovely lay in this morning were scuppered by my O.H.  who went out cycling at stupid o'clock and gained a puncture. So up I got and off I went in the car to his rescue. By the time I got back it was day light and time to check the training plan.

A 35 minute run at steady pace on undulating terrain. My hips ( particularly the left one) were pretty sore from yesterday's core class and I wondered if I would struggle.

I ran around the block in the rain.  I don't actually mind running in the rain, I find it quite refreshing.

The first mile undulates nicely. The second mile is a nice steady downhill, a good opportunity for a quick pace BUT the last mile is steep up hill. The hill is in 3 stages. Uphill, flat for a few paces, uphill, flat for a few more paces then the last uphill.  The middle one is the worst. I stopped for about half a minute after that one. My hips were ok though.

I was pleased when I checked strava that I had earned 5 cups. Strava cups make me smile. 😊

In the afternoon we went for a long dog walk around the forest. I was nervous of this. Last time I walked this route I damaged my knee badly. It had been sore after a long run the previous weekend and thresholds that morning. The walk finished it off and I was put out of action for 2 weeks. I was also conscious of needing to do my long run tomorrow.

Happily today's walk was fine and my knee although a bit achey held up well.

No lay in tomorrow. Up with the lark to eat breakfast and give it time to settle before I head off for my long run.

Marathon training is relentless!

No comments:

Post a Comment